Six Word Stories at the 2017 AGM

So, yeah, it’s no surprise writers see the world just a little differently than normal people. Sometimes its just in six word stories.

Recently, I had the privilege to travel to Huntington Beach, California for the Annual General Meeting for the Jane Austen Society of North America (trying saying that five times fast…) Since I love all things beachy and tropical, it’s hard to think of a more appealing setting for a conference.

So many beautiful and intriguing sites, it was hard to know where to look first. All these amazing views made my writer’s brain itch. More that just gorgeous scenery, there were stories just waiting to be told at every turn.

So many little vignettes left me pondering what might have been going on here and I can’t quite shake them. Instead of sharing the usual plethora of vacation shots with you, I thought I would share a few of these stories with you instead.

Surely, someone can walk on clouds.

We heard what you just said.

Apparently, I can’t read a map.

I do not recall inviting you.

Not exactly what I had envisioned.

I told you! The water’s COLD!

I’m as cute as your cat. Really.

So now you know a little of what goes on in that weird space inside my head. Hope you enjoyed that little tour! Stay tuned for more (slightly longer) tales from the 2017 AGM.

14 comments

Skip to comment form

• tgruy on October 12, 2017 at 9:33 am

Loved these!!

Thanks for sharing!

1. Thanks! I haven’t tried these before, but they were fun!

• Teresa Broderick on October 12, 2017 at 1:51 pm

What ever goes on in your head Maria usually comes out in fantastic stories, so feel free to weird out as often as you like.

1. Thanks so much, Teresa!

• Glynis on October 12, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Amazing. Thanks Maria. Although I do hope your next story is a little longer 😃

1. Yeah, maybe just a smidge, huh?

1. Loved these so-called “Hemingway” stories along with the photos!!! 😀

Wish I could have meandered up the coast to see you all!!

Warmly,
    Susanne 🙂

1. I was sorry that didn’t work out, too.

• Helen O'Neill on October 12, 2017 at 9:00 pm

I wish all the conferences I attend looked as good as yours. Lovely photos and stories, hope you enjoyed the conference as much as I liked your photos.

Helen

1. Thanks so much. It was a great conference!

• J. W. Garrett on October 12, 2017 at 10:42 pm

O, now that was just too cute. I loved it. Thanks for letting us inside your head for just a few excerpts. What fun. Loved it.

1. So glad you enjoyed!

• Christina Boyd on October 13, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Lovely to have met you. (5 words)

1. The pleasure’s all mine. (4 words 😉 )