Heir of Rosings Park Title Poll

Heir of Rosing Park iconWeigh in on the publishing title for The Heir of Rosings Park

Find Preview chapters HERE

The good news is that The Heir of Rosings Park now has a launch date! Mark your calendars for August 31! Just three weeks from now! (Yikes, that isn’t much time, is it? Ahhh!) Sorry about that, I’m back now, it’s ok.

The bad news is that there won’t be any more preview chapters, you’ll have to wait until launch to find out the outcome of the fire… (ducking the rotten tomatoes…)

Those of you who have followed the Queen of Rosings Park series know that I retitle the stories before I publish them and this is no exception. I had a title in mind all along, but then I was reading P&P a couple days ago and another alternative struck me. It’s a big decision, not quite what-to-name-the-baby level, but kinda close.

So, I’m asking your input. Tell me what you think.

Option 1:  A Less Agreeable Man

Option 2:  As Brittle as it is Beautiful

Head down to the comments and tell me which title you prefer and why.

Don’t miss the first two books in the series:

These affiliate links help support both the author and this website.

23 comments

Skip to comment form

• Carol hoyt on August 10, 2017 at 9:50 am

My vote is for the first one “a less agreeable man”. That seems Mary’s private name , as well as his actions, through the chapters I’ve read.
    I do like the 2nd one as well , but the first just seems so right!
    Congrats on this new book! I’ll be saving my pennies !

• Carol hoyt on August 10, 2017 at 9:52 am

Sorry. Let me clarify that I mean this all for the colonel . I’ve seem to have left that thought out!

• Cindy H on August 10, 2017 at 9:56 am

Option 1-for the Colonel could not be a less agreeable man at the moment. 🙂

• D. Brown on August 10, 2017 at 10:23 am

I vote for As Brittle as it is Beautiful. The titles to your previous books in this series have referred to the heroine, and this title obviously refers to Mary. I’ve read all your weekly chapter postings, and it seems the story is more about her than it is about Colonel Fitzwilliam, though it obviously encompasses them both. (I was happy to read you were changing the title from The Heir of Rosings Park for that same reason!)

• Kristine Shore on August 10, 2017 at 12:20 pm

I prefer A Less Agreeable Man. It seem to fit well with the chapters posted this far.

• Mela on August 10, 2017 at 12:30 pm

I prefer the first, I think. It fits the flow of the first two titles.

• Leah Pruett on August 10, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I prefer the first. Can’t wait for the release! I’ve been following along as you’ve posted chapters!

• Deborak on August 10, 2017 at 1:37 pm

I like A Less Agreeable Man as well. I think it does better with the other titles in this series.

• Carole in Canada on August 10, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Yes, I’m with the rest of the ladies…the first one! Congratulations and can’t wait to read it in it’s entirety!

• Julie Rakowski on August 10, 2017 at 9:12 pm

I vote for A Less agreeable man. It just sounds like this title fits into the series better, sort of flows with the other two titles. 🙂

• Pouran Yousefi on August 10, 2017 at 9:49 pm

I prefer the option 1, ” A Less Agreeable Man”. It’s not too long and is very close to how everyone in Meryton described Darcy. Just spot on!

• D. Brown on August 10, 2017 at 11:21 pm

I’m going against the crowd. I think As Brittle as it is Beautiful fits better. I’ve read the chapters you’ve been posting, and the story itself is more about Mary than it is about Colonel Fitzwilliam. Plus the titles of your other books refer to two other Bennet sisters: Elizabeth and Lydia. This one should refer to Mary to be consistent with them.

1. I lile the first one, too, A Less Agreeable Man. Congratulations, I am looking forward to reading the rest of the story.

• Linda A. on August 11, 2017 at 8:21 am

“A Less Agreeable Man” is my vote. If you would like some final proofreading help before you go live, please let me know. Congratulations!

• Megan on August 11, 2017 at 9:20 am

I like both ideas but I think “A Less Agreeable Man” fits the story (as much of it as we have) better. Excited that we get the book at the end of the month but I’ll admit to being very sad that there’s no more preview chapters – I even stayed up late on Wednesday night hoping for a new post in the wee hours of Thursday morning! No complaints though as once this one is complete there’s more dragon fun to have! Thanks for sharing your writing talents with us!

• Natasja on August 11, 2017 at 2:23 pm

I’d go for Option 2, because that seems more in keeping for Mary and her outlook

• Lynn char on August 11, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Definitely a less agreeable man. It just flows so well

• Sandy M on August 12, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Option 1, “A Less Agreeable Man”, seems to me to be a better fit for the story. The colonel’s manners may be a bit unpolished but he will love and protect Mary as she deserves. I am looking forward to its release, no matter the title though!

• Barbara on August 14, 2017 at 2:48 am

Hi my vote goes to a less agreeable man! Cannot wait to read your book the heir of Rosings Park! Thanks !! Barbara

2. Oh, my goodness! Both titles could have dual meanings. Fitzwilliams is less than agreeable, but Mary is also learning that Michaels is less agreeable than she originally thought.
    As Brittle as it is Beautiful would apply more to Rosings than Mary, because we’ve found that though she does have a breaking point, (yet we still haven’t truly witnessed it,) she is Not brittle and easily broken.

i am liking The Heir of Rosings Park better than either of the new ones. I’m not a writer, but if I were, I think I’d think about it a bit more. Sorry.

3. I prefer “As Brittle” because it more clearly ties in to Miss Austen’s original , and keeps the focus on our dear Mary. She has been ignored her whole life (thankfully so, in her home) but not in the title of her book please!

• AnitaP on August 16, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I like option 2. Can’t wait to read the final chapters.

• liziris on August 18, 2017 at 7:40 am

A less agreeable man, gets my vote. But I like The Heir of Rosings Park better.

Hope to read the read the rest of the story, love it.