Introducing Heir of Rosings Park

Heir of Rosing Park iconWill Mary Bennet find her happy ending under the reign of the Queen of Rosings Park?

Many of you have asked what happens to the other Bennet sisters after Elizabeth and Lydia find their happy endings in the Queen of Rosings Park series. It’s time to answer that question for Mary. Starting next week, I’ll be posting weekly chapters of her tale, The Heir of Rosings Park.

But first, a quick reminder of what has happened and where everyone stands.

Mr. Bennet is an excellent physician, but rather a terrible human being. He has had the patronage of Lady Catherine de Bough and served as her personal physician, to care for a seriously ill Anne de Bourgh. Elizabeth has been her father’s right hand, but their relationship is not a happy or healthy one. Darcy’s arrival at Rosings Park and his attraction to Elizabeth only complicate matters, forcing Lady Catherine to act to separate them.

Darcy’s tenacity and Elizabeth’s strength see them through to their happy ending, but Lady Catherine is not as fortunate. Anne does not survive her last bout of illness and Lady Catherine suffers a total breakdown. Colonel Fitzwilliam inherits Rosings Park and the Bennet family leave Rosings Park and take up residence at Matlock to serve as the personal physician to the Earl of Matlock.

Lydia attempts to elope with Wickham, but is stopped by Darcy. He sends her to Mrs. Drummond’s school for girls, an establishment designed to rehabilitate fallen girls and prepare them for the kind of life that awaits them. Though Lydia hates everything about the school, she is determined to use her charm to convince Mrs. Drummond–and Mr. Darcy–that she has changed and earn her release from the institution. But Mrs. Drummond is wise to the wiles of unrepentant young women and Lydia’s hopes are dashed.

A perceptive young music teacher though, sees something in Lydia that no one else has recognized. His quiet observations challenge her in a way nothing else has. She forges new friendships and finds her happy ending in a way no one could have predicted.

Mary is engaged to Mr. Michaels, the Rosings Park steward, a man selected by Darcy to help Fitzwilliam return the estate to solvency. When the Bennets leave Rosings Park, she remains at Rosings Park, ostensibly to assist her friend Charlotte Collins who is increasing, but also to fulfill Michaels’ desire to keep her away from her father.

And here we open, The Heir of Rosings Park.

Tune in next week for our first installment! Looking forward to your company on what looks to be another very interesting roller coaster ride.

Don’t miss the first two books in the series:

These affiliate links help support both the author and this website.

20 comments

Skip to comment form

• Agnes on April 6, 2017 at 1:15 am

I’m so glad you are going to post this!!!

>>>but their relationship is not a happy or healthy one.

An understatement if there ever was one!

I don’t remember much of Michaels (he and his relationship with Mary was really not the focus of attention in Book 1). I look forward to your take on Mary (of this universe).
    Thank you!!!

1. Thank, Agnes!

• Katherine Schmitt on April 6, 2017 at 1:47 am

I’m really looking forward to this! I was so happy for Lydia. You treated her with unusual kindness and I have great hopes for Mary now. Thank you, Maria!

1. It’s definitely not going to be smooth sailing for Mary, but I’m rooting for a HEA for her too!

• Anji on April 6, 2017 at 2:44 am

Great summary of the first two books and intro to Mary’s and Michaels’ story. Looking forward to seeing this one unfold, even though there’s no dragons!

1. I know, right? I keep waiting for one to pop out of the woodwork!

• Mari on April 6, 2017 at 6:54 am

I am really looking forward to this one. I think Mary will blossom and come into her own, without her parents to browbeat her and insult her. It will also be helpful not to constantly and negatively be compared to her other sisters. I have great hopes that Mary’s happy ending is finally coming. She deserves one. I further hope that the dreadful Bennet parents finally get what is coming to them, and that Jane discovers that she’s not all that!

1. I think she definitely deserves a HEA too!

• KateB on April 6, 2017 at 8:00 am

I love Mary’s stories and would love to read it. 🙂 Looking forward to it. 🙂

1. Thanks!

• Vesper Meikle on April 6, 2017 at 8:31 am

Love reading stories about Mary, and really enjoyed the first two in the series

1. Thanks so much! Mary is an intriguing character to write.

1. I just re-read Mistaking Her Character, and now I’m sooooo excited for this new novel!! Yay!!!!

If you’d like me to proofread, I can do this one, too. I have the next two weeks off from homeschooling starting Saturday, so I’ll have time to get Longbourn done and do this one as well…if you like.

Have a lovely day!!

Warmly,
    Susanne 🙂

1. 🙂 Hope you enjoy this one too!

• Sheila L. Majczan on April 6, 2017 at 11:44 am

Having read the first two in this series and having enjoyed them, I look forward to this new story. Thank you.

1. Thanks, Sheila!

• Carol on April 6, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Looking forward to reading your new book of the series, The Queen of Rosings Park.

1. Thanks, Carol!

• Carole in Canada on April 6, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Hooray!!!!!!!! I am thrilled to hear this and look forward to next week! I love this series and look forward to Kitty and Jane’s story too!

1. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to write Jane and Kitty’s stories on this one, Jane is a huge stretch for me as a character. I grew to tolerate, then love Lydia, but Jane, I’m not so sure! LOL