The award recognizes newer or up-and-coming bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a “lovely” manner, giving them recognition and helping them reach more viewers.
In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines. I have these guidelines listed below.
The Rules for accepting the Award(s):
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Now I suppose I need to share 7 things about me. That’s really the tough part and I’m happier talking about anything but me!
1. I really do have two black belts, one in Tae Kwon Do and one in Tai Chi. After an ugly incident with a bully at school we decided the best way to deal with it was to give the boys some confidence, so we started in martial arts. I signed up too, wanting to understand why my boy would be doing and stuck with it through to black belt level.
2. I’m not a crazy cat lady, despite having four cats at the moment, but I do collect cat figurines. I have them throughout my kitchen and now they’re migrating beyond.
Whenever we travel I try to get a cat figure from that place to add to the collection.
Museum Putty is the greatest invention in the work to stick them down so the real cats don’t break them.
3. I’m a little fussy about the way my kitchen is kept. I labeled everything so my guys would be able to put stuff away where I could find it again.
4. I started writing when I was about 10 years old and I still have all my original writings, hidden in boxes on an out of the way shelf.
5. I enjoy all sorts of handicrafts including sewing and crocheting. This is my latest project, an afghan for my middle son.
6. I sewed my own wedding dress and did all the florals for our wedding.
7. I drag my family out every year to take pictures in the spring bluebonnets.
And one bonus!
8. Here’s the cover for my new book! It should be done in a week or so!
And finally, 15 bloggers and their blogs that deserve the same kind of recognition.
- Faith, Hope and Cherry Tea
- Tess Quinn of Quinn Tessence
- Anna Bellfrage, historical author
- Kim Rendfeld, historical author
- Marilyn Brant of Brant Flakes
- Jane Odiwe of Jane Austen Sequels
- Sophie Andrews of Laughing with Lizzie
- Candy Morton of So Little Time
- Shannon Winslow’s ‘Jane Austen Says’
- Phillippa Jane Keyworth
- Janet Taylor at More Agreeably Engaged
- L.L. Diamond
- Tamara at My Kids led me back to Pride and Prejudice
- Jeanna Ellsworth at Hey Lady Publications