For all my horse-loving friends, a special Horsey edition History a’la Carte.
How to Ride Side Saddle like a Victorian Lady
****General horsey info*****
- Writing about horses ~ a word or two of advice…
- Horses? Hmn, let me think…
- Equine issues III (that’s the poncy title for it)
- I Bet You Can’t Write Horses…
- Pony Expressing it again
- Mallenders and Sallenders. And a few other nasty complaints…
- A fall’s a’ hawful thing…
- Ooh…my aching back!
- By Gentleness Confined
- Equestrian Resources for Historians
- Historical Equine Data – some misconceptions corrected
- History of Horses in England Through the Seventeenth Century
- You Asked About Horses?
*****Horse Breeds, colors and descriptions*****
- Samantha Grace on the English Thoroughbred
- What’s in a Mane?
- A cob is a cob is a cob
- ‘I bet my money on a bob-tailed nag…’
***Saddles and tack*****
- The History of the English Saddle
- The History of the Western Saddle
- The McClellan Military Saddle
- Overview of Tack
- The History of the Horse Tack in Ancient Terms
- Shoeing Horses
- Let’s Hear it for the Smith
- “They don’t like it up ‘em, Mr Mainwaring!” – Or why it’s nice to know what’s inside your saddle.
******Tips on Riding*****
- Three Ways to Use Your Seat in Horseback Riding
- Top 10 Annoying Riding Habits
- Top 10 Ways to Reward Your Horse
- The History of Side-saddles
- Sidesaddle History
- Well-Behaved Women Rarely Make History: Riding Sidesaddle
- History of the sidesaddle
- Regency SideSaddles:
- The Regency Side-Saddle — A Lady’s Death-Trap?
- Did Anne Boleyn Ride Astride?
- In the Saddle: Regency Riding
- Riding Habits for More than Riding, c.1770
- History of Riding Habits
- Riding Habits throughout History
- Redingotes and Riding Habits
- Historical Attire
- Victorian Riding Habits – 1870s and 1880s
- Riding Habits, Overview
- ‘Riding habits’
- Some 20th century Ladies’ Riding Habits
****Coaches and Carriages*****
- The Bluffers’ Guide to Horses & Carriages (part 1)
- The Bluffers’ Guide to Horses and Carriages (part 2)
- Video links about English coaching and driving (Bluffers’ guide part 3)
- The Napoleon of Coaching
- Stage coaches, Mail coaches and mere whipsters
- Paint Your Wagon
- History of transport
- Carriages: a quick run-down for the historical novelist
- What’s that speck of dust, you ‘orrible little dragoon??!!
- Hussar!!! Or not, as the case may be…
- Dead-Horse Bridle
- They shoot horses, don’t they?
- William Marshal’s horses
- Cavalry on Campaign
- A Soldier’s life is terrible hard”
- HISTORY OF THE HORSE IN THE MIDDLE AGES
- Medieval Horses and Horse Breeds….
- Horsing around in the Middle Ages –
- Knights and Horses of the Middle Ages
- Horsing Around: Functions and colours of the Medieval horse in the 12th and 13th centuries
- Medieval horses
- The Medieval Horse Harness: Revolution or Evolution?
- The medieval horse – an Introduction to terms used
- Does Size Matter?: Medieval Warhorses
- Travel in the Middle Ages
- Victorian riding
- Equestrian Etiquette and Attire in the Victorian Era
- Aspects of Horse Breeding and the Supply of Horses in Victorian Britain
- History A’la Carte Special Foodie Edition (authormariagrace.com)